EDI Integration is an ideal solution for streamlining your operations and ensuring that we have your freight information as soon as it’s available. All that's required is that we are sent the information in a structured file format via FTP (File Transfer Protocol).
The Benefits Of Doing An EDI Integration:
- Details received is correct - e.g. number of items, description, address detail, size and weight are entered correctly decreasing the likelihood of there being any errors
- Pickup and delivery planning starts as soon as the information comes in, ensuring we get your freight picked up and delivered on time
- Automatic processes - Information sent via the EDI will be used to streamline the entire freight movement. e.g. booking creation through to connote delivery
This guide will outline what is required for Hi-Trans Express to receive CSV file imports via FTP. This option does not require you to use the Hi-Trans Online system, instead, your system is able to directly import the consignment data into our Jaix Freight system.
Keep in mind customers are still required to print and provide all documentation to accompany their freight
- Consignment Notes
- Freight Labels
- Correct Dangerous Goods documentation if required.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a prefix.
Please ensure that the business name and account number is included in the request.
Once this is done, follow the standard format outlined in the document below to create a CSV file that can be exported.
The filename for the export will need to include the customer prefix or account number followed by an underscore.
For example, the export file will need to be ABC_123456.csv where ABC is the customer prefix. This helps identify the file to be imported under the correct account.
Send the CSV file to email@example.com
Hi-Trans IT department will test the file to ensure that it will import correctly.
If the CSV file is experiencing errors this step will need to be repeated until the file is able to be imported successfully.
The pickup information can be filled in by a few different methods
- The pickup data can be included in the data file with all optional fields being filled out
- An email out to firstname.lastname@example.org using a template that will be provided by IT
- A phone call to our bookings line on 08 8447 7777
Now the Hi-Trans Express Standard Label Format will need to be set up.
The label will need to be built and sent back to the IT department to test the label functionality.
Once the labels are able to be scanned without errors occurring, the FTP credentials will need to be received from the IT department to finalise the FTP import process.